[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

Sarah Katherine Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Jun 9 14:19:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 09:08 -0500, jedi wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 07:05:45PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Jun 8, 2008, at 6:06 PM, robbinsck1 at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > So are the apple tv front end a good choice for a no noise simple to
> > > use mythbuntu 8.04 frontend? And can you use a windows mce remote?
> >
> > Assuming you are connecting to a component or HDMI (or DVI with
> > adaptor) display, yes. The only remote the hardware will recognize is
> > the Apple remote. It has very few buttons on its own, but you can get
>
> ...what about USB remotes?

That was something I was wondering as well.  My MCE remote has it's own
USB dongle I'd have thought it'd work fine with the appropriate lirc
stuff installed.

I'm not sure on the over/under of an MCE remote working with a
'somewhat' hacked AppleTV (i.e. ATV + sshd hack + mythtv as app) saying
that I've heard the Apple remote works a-ok in this configuration, I
assume it's pretending to be a keyboard or something.