[mythtv-users] HD-PVR component video

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Mon Jun 9 09:25:58 UTC 2008

>> Greg wrote:
>>

>> | |

>> | I wonder if thats the same "comply" law that Time warner completely
>> | ignores..... at least in my area of upstate NY.  Ive repeatedly asked
>> | for an hd box that has a firewire port enabled..... they keep telling
me
>> | "that functionality is not available"  I never heard a word back from
>> | the FCC after I complained to them either.
>> |

>> | I live in Upstate NY...Saratoga Springs...I have fire wire on my SA
>> | 4250...I just asked for it....
>>

>> I messed with mine, and found that the ports were off.  I called the
>> local office in norwich, and the first person I spoke to after I asked
>> if they could turn firewire on my hd box on, she transferred me to tech
>> support.  tech support 800# asked me what kind if internet connection I
>> had...... uhh... I told them it had nothing to do with my internet
>> connection.  then she asked me what firewire was, I told her IEEE1394,
>> she never heard of it  "we dont use any ports on the boxes except hdmi,
>> component, or cable"  was her answer.
>>

> Hmmm....I'm no big fan of Time-Warner Cable (or any other cable company,
> for that matter), but I have to admit that I didn't have any problems
> getting them to enable Firewire on my DCT-6200s.  I had to go up to a
> second-level tech support person, but when I requested that they turn it
> on, and mentioned that the FCC has mandated that it be available, she just
> "flipped the switch" (figuratively?) and reset my connection...voila -

Thanks for spelling that correctly.  It's a pet peeve of mine and I'm
not even French.  :)  voi la (translates roughly as "there you go") is a
French term.  I don't know how many times I hear my fellow Americans use
the term "wa la".  Anyway...

Cheers,

Drew

Um, ok. Never heard "wa la" or even seen it typed before now. Must be a part
of the "internet generation"
There was an article on MSN a few weeks back saying that kids today use
IM/Text message abbreviations on essays and stuff. If I was a teacher I
would be sending that paper back to the student and asking for a rewrite. If
they don't, they fail.