[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

robbinsck1 at gmail.com robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 03:32:03 UTC 2008

Awesome info everyone. Thanks!
Bummer the tv I wanted to use it on doesn't have hdmi or component.

I ask this because I'm at wits end with this via board I'm trying to use as a fe. Its a 533mhz embedded processor and  512k ram.

I've tried mythbuntu which installs and boots fine but when I go to open mythtv it doesn't respond. If I open a shell and type mythtv is tells me the display resolution and something like invalid 0.

I've tried knoppix and it installs and opens mythtv but then says the backend server (mythbuntu 8.04) is using a different protocol and it won't work. Like 4.0 verses 3.1.

I've tried mythdora and it won't install or boot, it says the processor is missing a feature and hangs.

I've tried minimyth but got nowhere with the cf to ide boot method. The mythtv.conf file confuses the crap outta me.

What else is there to try? Or maybe I should just get an atv and a new tv...not. What's the specs on one of those atv's?