[mythtv-users] Auto power-off of speaker amplifier...

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Sun Jun 8 18:35:59 UTC 2008

In my main family room I have a mythfrontend that sends all of its audio
through a spdif cable to a Yamaha receiver.  The problem that I have it that
currently I leave my receiver on all the time.  This takes up a lot of power
that is not needed when there is no audio playing.  I have a script that
uses the ir transmitter to poweroff the the receiver, but I don't know how
to automate this?

Is there a way to run the script if there has been no audio for 15 minutes?
And how would I execute the poweron script prior to playing something?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you and my power bill will thank you.
-Matt