[mythtv-users] Problem with ipodexport.pl

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 14:38:28 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2008, at 7:22 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
>
> > When I try to run ipodexport from the command line, regardless of
> > parameters, I get the following:
> >
> > Name "main::basename" used only once: possible typo at /usr/bin/
> > ipodexport.pl line 125.
> >
> > It looks like the only things close to line 125 are:
> >
> >     if ($debug) {
> >         print ("Going into new mode\n");
> >     }
> >     my $storagegroup = new MythTV::StorageGroup();
> >     $dir = $storagegroup->FindRecordingDir($basename);
> > }
> >

> > Is anybody using ipodexport.pl successfully? Is there some secret I
> > don't know about?
>
> I use video2ipod.pl, however that error probably means a module isn't

I tried video2ipod.pl first but was frustrated by the lack of noob-friendly
documentation in its wiki and the mailing lists, so I tried ipodexport.pl
since it was listed in the mythtv wiki.

I don't know anything about Perl but mythrename.pl works, so that should
mean that my perl bindings work, correct?