[mythtv-users] HVR-1800 Analog

Herman Versteeg herman at brudenellsoftware.com
Sun Jun 8 13:59:21 UTC 2008

Hello

I have Mythtv .21 set up with a Hauppauge HVR-1800. The digital side of
this card works perfectly.
Mythtv detects all analog NTSC channels in use here, but when I want to
play them it looks like they need some fine tuning. The sound works
okay. If however I run Tvtime first, all channels come in perfectly. If
I rmmod tuner and modprobe tuner all channels look like they need fine
tuning again in Mythtv, until I run Tvtime again.
I run Opensuse 11 rc1, with kernel 2.6.25 and the latest dvb/v4l
drivers/modules downloaded from Linuxtv.
Thanks for any help.