[mythtv-users] trunk usable ? Am I missing something ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 7 13:57:42 UTC 2008

On 06/07/2008 05:42 AM, belcampo wrote:
> Does anyone have trunk usable at the moment.
> Did a fresh install, compiled and installed well.
> Create new database with sudo mysql < mc.sql
> mythtv-setup doesn't create a usable database structure then, I'm not
> able to add anything to it.
> Restoring a database from a recent 21-fixes database works, it gets
> upgraded to schema version 1221. But then it starts with
> Program #6302 not found in PAT!, which tells me that diseq isn't
> functioning.
> Further I've configured the frontend to display at 1024x576 resolution
> but the screen looks really weird, I do get a more or less 1024x576
> frontend with what looks like shades of the opening screen vertical and
> horizontal on my 1280x1024 screen. I don't know how to describe it better.
> The playback of a recording or live-tv from the one available lnb is
> very distorted, not the 1024x576 screen but a distorded vertically
> stretched full-screen.
>
> Am I missing something ?

Yeah, you're missing keeping up with the -dev list where there was an
anouncement that people should not use trunk for any system other than
development systems and there has not yet been an announcement that
trunk is ready for production use.

Remember, if you run trunk, it's your responsibility to keep up with the
-dev and -commits lists (where you would have seen many patches for,
i.e. fixing issues with initial database creation, etc.).

Mike