[mythtv-users] Getting Myth on my AppleTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Jun 7 05:08:43 UTC 2008

I just bought an AppleTV in hopes that I would soon be happily running
MythTV on it. However, I'm stuck at the very beginning.
Instructions here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythFrontend_on_Apple_TV_using_Gentoo
and on the atvbootloader wiki have this step:

sudo parted -s /dev/sdb set 1 atvrecv on

which is supposed to yeild this:
Number  Start    End       Size      File system  Name     Flags
  1      40s      69671s    69632s                 primary  atvrecv
But I can't get mine to show the atvrecv flag:
Number  Start  End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
  1      40s    69671s  69632s               primary
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Should I be concerned about the
missing flag before I continue on?
Thanks,
Brad