[mythtv-users] MythArchive totally screwed up after update to 0.21

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jun 6 19:20:40 UTC 2008

Torsten Crass wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>

>> I have exactly the same issue. I've not been able to identity a fix
>> however. Are you any further getting it working?
>>

> sorry, no real progress here, just some vague ideas... :-(
>
> However, I'm "glad" to learn I'm not the only one experiencing these
> problems! ;-) Always makes me feel a little stupid when I'm the only
> person complaining about software issues...
>
> So do you suffer from all three issues I described, or just a subset
> thereof?
>
> As for problem #1 ("Source file does not exist"): Imagine mythburn.py
> now assumes to be always running in the recordings directory. In this
> case, no path would have to be prepended to the recordings file names.
> Perhaps Paul just assumed that people would never change the recordings
> dir path (which I, however, did) and hard-coded the default location as
> mythburn.py working directory somewhere in MythArchive? (Paul, do you
> read this...?)

One of the differences between 0.20 and 0.21 is the storage groups which
allows more than one recording directory to be created. That changes the
way recordings are handled in MythArchive. In 0.20 the script just
needed the recordings file names because they where all stored in the
same directory.In 0.21 it now requires the full path and file name
because they could be stored in any of the storage group directories.

> Problem #2 (Crash after media selection): Still no idea how to tackle
> this...

You must still have some old (pre 0.21)  archive items in the
archiveitems table that don't have the full path. Run this query in
mysql to remove all the old items and start with a clean table.

TRUNCATE archiveitems;

> Problem #3 (ProjectX starting with GUI): First thing that showed up was
> a dialog window prompting me to agree to ProjectX's icense. Perhaps this
> was a first-time usage thing? (Havent re-tried running mythburn.py yet.)

When you first run ProjectX it does run the GUI showing you a licence
agreement that you have to agree to before projectx will run. It should
only do it once though so long as it can create it's config file. Not
sure where it writes it probably your HOME directory.