[mythtv-users] Success with 1080p on my setup!

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Fri Jun 6 17:55:36 UTC 2008

Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 13:15 -0700, Scott Harris wrote:
>> I originally outlined my machine and problems with
>> playing 1080p in this thread ->
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/328503
>>
>> I finally bought the CoreAVC decoder and did the necessary
>> patches and recompile of mplayer.  Results are pretty
>> spectacular.
>>
> The coreavc site does not mention Linux support. Does it work on Linux
> or is this Windows only?
>
> Jurgen

As the other person wrote, it isn't on the main site but on
the google code site:
http://code.google.com/p/coreavc-for-linux/

You have to jump through some small hoops by downloading
the windows version (after purchase), installing, and then
getting the proper file moved over to the linux side.

Scott