[mythtv-users] starting playback takes 10-20 seconds on core2duo

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 04:30:14 UTC 2008

Using  -v audio,libav,playback, i have isolated in my frontend log the
exact point at which I seem to see excessive delays during start of
playback:

2008-06-05 21:00:32.456 Resyncing position map. posmapStarted = 0
livetv(0) watchingRec(0)
2008-06-05 21:00:42.333 Position map filled from DB to: 161389

Does this position map have anything to do with the seektable?  Any
idea why it consistently takes 10-15 seconds to "fill", whether this
is the first time playing or the 10th, or whether I'm starting at the
beginning, or from a bookmark at the middle, or end of the recording?