[mythtv-users] Is this a good system spec?

Don Jerman djerman at pobox.com
Thu Jun 5 21:05:42 UTC 2008

On 6/5/08, Allen Edwards <allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:
> I have spent probably 5+  hours looking for a MB that well meet my
> spec.  I have looked in detail at every MB Asus has.  I called their
> tech support person.  I looked at what mwave has and most of what
> newegg has.  I am at witts end again.
>
> Anyone know of a MB that does this:
> 1) AMD AM2 micro ATX
> 2) DVI
> 3) S-video
> 4) S/PDIF
> 5) L+R Audio (that one is easy).
> 6) Will run XvMC

ASUS M2NPV-VM - I built one last year.  I see NewEgg doesn't list 'em
anymore but it fits your bill.  Perhaps google can find one for you.

It's a AM2 MicroATX
Comes with a HD/TV/S-video module - a cardslot panel with the
interface plugs that connects to pins on the board.

* Buy the S/PDIF module that goes with it - it's a cardslot panel for
the back which has the required interface and connects to pins on the
motherboard.

L+R Audio on the backplane

integrated 6150 will run XvMC (but that may be irrelevant if your hd
content isn't mpeg-2 encoded - XvMC won't help h.264 or mpeg-4)

I got one, but I don't use the S/PDIF so I can't testify to that.  All
the other bits I use.  I'm not clear if it will drive s-video and dvi
with separate signals, or at the same time, as I only ever had one or
the other hooked up at one time (so I woudn't know if the other was
on).