[mythtv-users] HD-PVR component video

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jun 5 03:58:02 UTC 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 5:44 PM, steve wrote:

> I messed with mine, and found that the ports were off.  I called the
> local office in norwich, and the first person I spoke to after I asked
> if they could turn firewire on my hd box on, she transferred me to
> tech
> support.  tech support 800# asked me what kind if internet
> connection I
> had...... uhh... I told them it had nothing to do with my internet
> connection.  then she asked me what firewire was, I told her IEEE1394,
> she never heard of it  "we dont use any ports on the boxes except
> hdmi,
> component, or cable"  was her answer.

And you just accepted that answer from someone who has never heard of
IEEE 1394? Your response should have been, "In compliance with <state
the FCC ruling>..." and she would have transferred you to her manager.
One thing I've learned is that just because someone says something it
doesn't mean it's true. Just because someone has a tech support job
doesn't mean they know anything about technology. :)