[mythtv-users] HD-PVR component video

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 5 00:23:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 18:14:44 steve wrote:

> I wonder if thats the same "comply" law that Time warner completely
> ignores..... at least in my area of upstate NY.  Ive repeatedly asked
> for an hd box that has a firewire port enabled..... they keep telling me
> "that functionality is not available"  I never heard a word back from
> the FCC after I complained to them either.

Try complaining to the franchising authority (usually the municipality or
county), your state's public service commission or local ombudsman (if your
area has such).

Be sure to cc the cable company on all the above correspondence.

A name or two with "esquire" after them in the cc list can help as well, even
if they don't actually exist :-)

beww