[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 00:06:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Chris Ribe <chrisribe at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  I posted the link to my setup in
>> a previous reply, but I'll add it again just for fun...
>>

>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Lynchmv#Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_USB_Pro_Stick_notes
>>
>> I can record shows, watch live tv and do everything that MythTV does
>> with regular tuners with this nifty little USB stick.  It is the 4th
>> tuner in my system and I got it really just to see if it would work
>> and to see what OTA HD channels I could pick up out in the sticks.
>
> A word of caution for those interested  in one of these devices: as the wiki
> entry about notes, getting the HD Pro Stick working requires building and
> installing a forked version of the v4l-dvb kernel module that may not work
> with your currently installed v4l devices.
>
> I've bought one of these about 18 months ago and eventually got it working,
> but as of three months ago, the Markus Rechberger fork of the v4l-dvb kernel
> module was incompatible with my PVR-150, and there have been only three
> commits to the hg repository since then.
>
> Furthermore,  the Rechberger fork has been out of the v4l trunk for 11
> months now, and last I checked there was noreturn in sight due to a
> personality conflict between the developers involved (search the v4l mailing
> list archives for details).
>
> So, beware that you are getting into a less-than-fully-supported situation
> before buying one of these things.
>
> -chris

Hi Chris,

I have a HVR-950 that I'm trying to get to work along with my PVR-150
and I'm getting into an OOPS on a 2.6.24 64-bit kernel.  Could you
explain what it took you to get the two of them working together?  I
could return the 950, but I want to give a shot at making it work
before I do.

-Akshat