[mythtv-users] HD-PVR component video

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jun 4 19:49:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 11:12:11AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Andrew Close wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> > <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> >> On Jun 4, 2008, at 10:24 AM, John Drescher wrote:
> > <snip/>
> >>
> >> Then you call and tell them your TV only has component inputs and
> >> demand a box that you can use with your TV. They have to comply.
> >
> > just like they have to comply with a working IEEE1394 port ;)
>
> This list is full of people who love to say something won't work based
> solely on pessimism.

...in the worst case I will just use svideo.

They can't get rid of that. There are far too many well built CRT
sets out of there. I even have one of them chugging along happily
in my kids playroom. I could see that set going another 20 years
and it was dirtcheap walmart fare when I got it 5 years ago.