[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jun 4 17:11:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 02:28:51PM -0500, jedi wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 02:22:03PM -0600, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> > Janne Grunau wrote:
> > > On Monday 02 June 2008 18:10:26 Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> [deletia]
> > >>

> > > it uses bulk and control messages and requires a challenge response
> > > authentification. See http://www.grunau.be/riddle.txt if you want to
> > > help. The first two hex values are the challenge, the second two the
>
> Mine arrived today...

So far it's just sitting there on the usb bus waiting for a driver...

Bus 003 Device 008: ID 2040:4900 Hauppauge
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x2040 Hauppauge
  idProduct          0x4900
  bcdDevice            0.00
  iManufacturer           1 AMBA
  iProduct                2 Hauppauge HD PVR
  iSerial                 3 00A1D57C
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           32
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower                4mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      2
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0