[mythtv-users] How is my IR mapped to the keymap ?

covert covert thecovert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:27:15 UTC 2008

I have a Twinhan Alpha USB DVB-T dongle with IR on it. When I
installed Mythbuntu I selected No IR device. I do not have lirc
running.

The problem is when I press the down button on my remote for my TV
mythtv thinks it is a keypress of button number 5. A cat of
/dev/input/event8 shows it is the remote receiver but I have no idea
how it gets mapped into 5.

For one I would like to be able to disable this number 5 being
activated. Secondly I would  like to re-map remote presses from
another remote to use with MythTV and this working IR receiver. Anyone
ow where it is all controled ?