[mythtv-users] Linux software raid question

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Jun 3 21:14:36 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of James Klaas
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:11 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Linux software raid question
Did you consider using a SATA port multiplier
(http://www.satadrives.com/saii1to5popo.html)?  I think these are
pretty well supported by recent kernels, although I'm not sure how
well they're supported by non-SiliconImage chipsets.  Does anyone have
an opinion on those?

I will have in a couple of weeks.. I've just ordered an internal Port
Multiplier, along with a couple of 4x bridgeboards, and I'm going to mount
my disks in an external box. Kernel support is meant to be pretty good, but
very recent I believe, so I suspect I may have to compile some modules for
my new fileserver.

Graham