[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jun 3 17:33:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 06:43:44PM +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2008 18:22:59 David Engel wrote:
> It's
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code#Generic_frame-level_multithreading_support

Thanks.  That helped me find some information in the mailing list
archives.

> > . I curious to know more about how the parallel decoding will work,
> > especially with Myth, and which is the better upgrade path -- a
> > faster dual-core or a (relatively) slower quad-core.
>
> Your current dual core might just start to work.

Yes, but perhaps you've forgotten that I want the ability to do
timestretching too.  If my current X2 4200+ can't handle the half rate
sample, I doubt it could timestretch much over 1.0x even with
multithreaded decoding.

David
--
David Engel