[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 04:00:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> OK, I gave the test recording a try via firewire and got the following
> error in my backend log:
>
> 2008-06-02 18:00:04.034 Canceled recording (Recorder Failed): Law &
> Order: Speci
> al Victims Unit "Limitations": channel 3222 on cardid 6, sourceid 3
>
> I was expecting the channel change script to run, change the channel on
> the STB, and start recording.  Obviously, it failed and that didn't
> happen.  How do you tell your firewire to do this?  I'm unclear as to
> how the firewire recording process happens.

Run your backend with -v record, the logs will be much more informative.

For me, MythTV changes channels automatically via firewire.  I didn't set up
an external channel change script.  I'm using a DCT-5100, but myth is
configured as DCT-6200.  I'm not sure how it acts for your box.

Please try harder to trim your messages next time.

--
Dylan

Type faster. Use Dvorak:
http://dvzine.org