[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Jun 2 17:18:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 09:40:45AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>
> > Me as well.  Shipped already and should see it in a few days.  Any
> > rumblings about drivers for the device on IVTV?  I dont follow that
> > mailing list at all.  Or on the Myth dev list?
>
> Gossamer says no one has discussed the HD-PVR on the ivtv lists.
> However, I can't imagine that no one has even asked about it. Maybe
> some sort of NDA with Hauppauge?

    When ordering was announced I asked the same developer that had
told me previously that there would be Linux driver support. I asked
him where I might find driver downloads. I expressed an interest in
helping (dev or testing). His response gave me the impression that
he was under some sort of gag order.

    As soon as I get my hands on mine I am planning on setting up
a splitter setup and feeding svideo from my DTV D10 into it and
doing some side by side testing. I intend to start playing around
with capture options even if it isn't supported in MythTV.

    I figure that the basic 1M bitrate will be sufficient for SD
content. I may use it just for better compression of my SD stuff
for awhile and not even bother with the HD stuff initially.

    Realtime h264 encoding is nifty enough all by itself.