[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 18:43:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I can write something using the mythtv perl module to hold a
> socket connection and see if that blocks the frontend.
>
> Tom

I just tried running a perl script like this on my backend machine:

use MythTV;
my $Myth = new MythTV();
sleep 60;

...which does connect to the backend with the standard port.  I can
see the connection with netstat.  That certainly didn't seem to block
anything.

Those "Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION:" messages are really
odd.  That appears to be what you'd get if the backend returned
something other than the expected REJECT or ACCEPT responses from a
MYTH_PROTO_VERSION request.  In your case it appears to be getting an
empty string.  This perl script for example:

use MythTV;
my $Myth = new MythTV();
$r = $Myth->backend_command('MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 40');
print "$r\n";
$r = $Myth->backend_command('MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 30');
print "$r\n";

...displays this:

ACCEPT[]:[]40
REJECT[]:[]40

...that is, anything other than 40 gets a REJECT response. It seems as
though you have a socket connection, but it's doing something strange.

Tom