[mythtv-users] MyMote has been released on the App Store!

Josh jaw1959 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:16:56 UTC 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Chase Douglas
<chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2008, at 3:16 PM, jedi wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:30:37AM -0700, Ross Campbell wrote:
>>>
>>> Great! I'm excited to see so much mythtv development involving the
>>> iPhone. Can't wait to have a mythtv frontend app that can let me
>>> stream recordings and some way to do transcoding on the fly...
>>> (maybe
>>> tie in with the flashplayer somehow?)
>>
>> Cool idea. Not sure about the price.
>>
>> Is there a "platform" you could do this with that wouldn't be so
>> expensive.
>>
>> It doesn't necessarily have to be a phone (probably would be better
>> if not).
>
> Without having any real range of price stated, if you don't want the
> phone because of the extra phone plan costs, you can still get an iPod
> touch starting at $299 or free if you are a student getting a mac
> right now. Soon they'll be introducing the new iPod Touch it seems, so
> that may drive prices down further. It's certainly no replacement for
> the $30 universal remote, but there are many remotes that cost just as
> much or more. The advantage is you get an iPod as well. The
> disadvantage is it doesn't have any

I tried to try this app, by it seems to be stuck in the screen where
it tries to connect.  It successfuly detected my machines (both front
and backends) but when I chose one to connect to, it just sits idle
with a blue message window that reads "connecting" and I can't seem to
make it stop.  My frontend wasn't awake when I first tried to connect,
which I suppose could cause a problem, but how do I recover at this
point?  I awoke thwe machine by pressing a key on the attached
keyboard, but that didn't seem to help.  Is there anything I can do to
reset the program?  Do I need to reinstall?  Any idea when updates
will make it to the app store?