[mythtv-users] Minor Screen Refresh Visible

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Jul 30 18:52:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 02:12:50PM -0400, C.T. Paterson wrote:
> In addition to modeline, I've also used screen positioning as
> controlled through the TV (don't imagine a tube is clever enough to
> let you do that), and there are offsets that I've used in Setup ->
> Appearance.

A CRT is likely to have analog adjustment of the incoming
signal, but it may not be able to compensate far enough for a
major shift.

Modelines don't help when you aren't running X (unless your
console mode is run by the framebuffer system, which is only
semi-common). On the other hand, how much time do Myth users
spend in console mode?

-dsr-

When freedom gets lots of exercise, it protects itself.