[mythtv-users] Minor Screen Refresh Visible

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Jul 30 18:50:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 08:01:44PM +0300, Petteri Matilainen wrote:

> Sorry to jump in, but I have a 16:9 CRT TV, for which I don't know the
> correct timings. "Standard PAL" from mythwiki is not it, because there's
> too much overscan IMO and the picture is not centered (seen when in 4:3
> mode). I'll have to play with modeline when I have the time. Don't know
> how modeline affects the vertical "artifacts".

If you know the model number, information might be available on
the web. Too much overscan often means that the front porch,
back porch and/or sync numbers are too high. Centering indicates
a mismatch between the front and back porch sizes.

-dsr-

When freedom gets lots of exercise, it protects itself.