[mythtv-users] DVD audio is really low and with Alsa:surround51 no audio when playing Live TV

Macbeth macbeth at ngi.it
Mon Jul 28 10:17:59 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I'm using mythubuntu and after a lot of work I finally managed to get my own
mythtv work.
I need to solve 2 issues... both related to audio.

The first problem is that the DVD audio is really very low compared to my
videos , live TV recordings or music (about 50% softer). I do different try
with alsamixer, but without find any solution (every channel appear to be
settled correctly).

there is a special option to increase the dvd audio output of the internal
player ?

The second question is harder.
I want use my computer to do the decoding of DTS and AC3 audio info, because
I don't have any external decoder (I'm using a cheap 5.1 kit from logitech
and embedded 7.1 sound card).

For this reason I'm using the Alsa:Surround51 audio output in general
configuration of my mythfrontend with max decoding channels = 5.1

For a strange reason when I use this audio output the Live TV audio stop
working (music and videos are ok)... is a frontend issue, because if I
record something and I change the audio output to Alsa:default I can listen
the record.

The TV card capture the audio with the line-in input of my sound card.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.