[mythtv-users] DVB-S channel scanning gets stuck

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jul 28 09:14:20 UTC 2008

I've just started setting up a new backend from scratch and hit a problem
when scanning channels (DVB-S, Astra 2 28.2E / Eurobird 1 28.5E).

I told mythtv-setup to do a tuned scan to start of with, and once that
finished told it to scan all existing transports.  The scan seemed to go
ok up until around the 20% mark, and then it got stuck, with mythtv-setup
using up all the CPU time.  After trying this several times and getting
the same results I decided to scan each transport individually.

Each transport scanned without problems except for transport 2316
(11390330 KHz, vertical: http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=1200), which
got stuck in a loop, repeatedly updating the same channels in the database
until I killed the process.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I've tried it on both 0.21-fixes and
trunk.  I can live without this transport, but not being able to do a full
scan of all the transports is time consuming to say the least.

As a side note, the channel scanner in mythtv-setup displays the
frequencies in KHz but puts a "Hz" instead of "KHz" suffix on them and
doesn't display the polarisation.

  - Steve