[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.04, LVM, pcHDTV-5500 (V4L) == Hang.

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 17:10:36 UTC 2008

Quick update:  I rebuilt the MythTV box last night with the following
partition configs:  /boot (ext3) on sda1, / (ext3) on sda3, /mythtv
(xfs on LVM with sda4 and sdb1).  I also took out the pcHDTV tuner,
put in a PVR-500 and kept the WinTV-PVR-USB2 external tuner.  Not
necessarily because the pcHDTV card is causing problems, but more
because I think it's underutilised as an analogue tuner connected to
the cable STB.  I may put it back in later and connect it to an
antennae to capture HDTV OTA.

Anyhow, so far so good.  The system hasn't crashed or hung, yet.  I
finally took the plunge because with the previous configs I found that
I could cause it to hang practically on demand if I play a recording
and seek within it back and forth.  And I still couldn't get any clues
as to what caused it.  The keyboard's locked, SSH sessions hung and
eventually timed out, nothing in the log files, etc.  No dump no clue.

Thanks for all the replies all of which have been very helpful.

--
Francis
echo "sunegbwb at tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'