[mythtv-users] Saving Disk Space

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sun Jul 27 02:26:41 UTC 2008

>     I would say transcode as much as you can and remember that any
> machine on the network (including your main desktop machine) can lend
> a hand.

I added another 500G for another about 100 hours typical.

I would also like to compress some of my shows more.  They are HD
shows and I will never look at them on anything except a 480i TV.
Other shows may end up on the projector, so I will be selective.  I
only transcode shows I will watch days later.

The manual on transcode is almost non-existent (I think it is a
footnote under commercial skipping).  Web searches over the last hour
turned up nothing helpful.

So, how would I set myth  up to "transcode as much as you can"?

Allen