[mythtv-users] SA3250 with Svideo input group

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Sun Jul 27 00:11:10 UTC 2008

I've setup my SA3250HD cable box in an input group with my PVR-250's
Svideo input. Everything seems to be working except the channel changing.

How do I tell Myth to use the firewire cable to change channels? I tried
compiling the sa3250ch app in the contrib directory and setting that up
as the external command but the app doesn't seem to work with my device.
Sometimes it attempts to change the channel but gets the channel # all
wrong, more often than not it doesn't change the channel at all.

However, channel changing works perfectly if I setup the device by
itself without the input group. Of course that option leaves out 80% of
the channels because of the encryption. Obviously with Svideo the
channels are HD any more, but at least I can tune them in.

Mike