[mythtv-users] Job host priority

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jul 25 14:19:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 09:43:15PM -0500, Brian Foddy wrote:
> Anyway to give a priority to running commercial scanning on a host, or reduce
> the likely-hood of it running on another?
>
> I know about the run on record setting, but I'd rather just favor the master
> BE if all other things being equal.  Seems it actually picks the slave / FE
> machine first.

    If you have predictable viewing habits then setup the job schedule
on your frontend so that jobs aren't running during viewing hours. Jobs
don't run on my frontends during "prime time".

    There's a slave backend on my desktop box that runs 24/7 and just
does commflagging jobs so that comflagging is always going on.