[mythtv-users] Integrating non-traditional program sources into MythTV (won't tell you what it 'was:')

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jul 23 05:41:00 UTC 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Matt Mossholder wrote:

>>> That's just plain silly.
>>
>> Funny, that's exactly how I was going to respond to your email but I
>>
>> came back with facts instead. ;)
>>

> You wouldn't need perl bindings, per se... you would just need mysql
> bindings, which most languages have these days.

You'd need a way to send metadata. You don't *need* perl bindings at
all but we all remember how terrible it was when all perl scripts
simply used mysql bindings for everything. Or do you want to go back
to a time when the database changes and all supporting scripts have to
be updated to accommodate?