[mythtv-users] Advice on TV tuner for use on Comcast cable in Minneapolis

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:38:02 UTC 2008

My friend was over on Scotland recently and loved my MythTV setup, now
he's back home in Minneapolis he's looking to build his own system.

Server and Linux wise I have that covered, however I have no idea about
connecting up his Comcast cable TV.

He tells me that he currently has an analogue solution, and simply tunes
his TV stations to each of the cable stations, however when he called to
get a second feed, they've told him it will need to be digital and will
come with a tuner box.

Any pointers on the best way to integrate this with MythTV, and what
tuner cards would be required.

I had thought a simple PVR-250 would be fine for the analogue feed, but
even then he'll only have one channel available at a time to tune / record.

Also, if the digital feed is do-able, what would he need on the PC
hardware side to control channel selection?

Cheers
Gordon