[mythtv-users] YouTube Favorites/Playlist Not Loading in MythStream

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 02:57:06 UTC 2008

Some time ago, I used the rss feeds published through referd.info to
access my YouTube favorites and playlists in MythStream (ie.
http://www.referd.info/favorites/MYUSERNAME/rss.php).  All was well
until a couple of days ago, when the lists stopped loading (I get 0KB
retrieved).  The "YouTube Top Viewed Today" that comes by default
still works.

I have confirmed that the favorites are still set up in my account.  I
have confirmed that referd.info is still publishing my list.  I
compared the XML from the web with a previously loaded XML snapshot in
the mythstream cache - and while there are some slight changes to the
document format, I've confirmed that the output from dumping each into
~/.mythtv/mythstream/parsers/youtube/feed.pl end up identical.  I'm a
little stumped as to where to go next.

Prior even to setting up with the feeds, I had applied the fix
described here; https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/223781.

Any advice would be most welcome.  A father's god-like ability to make
anything appear on the TV is at stake; on my favorites list was the
Pixar short "Lifted", which my two-year-old asks for daily.  Excuses
are wearing thin.  I'd have ripped it from the Ratatouille DVD that
sits on my desk - but they've put extra goup on the DVD to make it
unrippable (pricks).

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine