[mythtv-users] Which remote code set and LIRC file should I pick for my MX-500?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sun Jul 20 19:17:42 UTC 2008

In looking further, there are thousands of lirc.conf files available.  I
am looking for some guidance.

Can someone tall me a lirc.conf  file that is complete, where all the
buttons work, and might be something my MX-500 has as an option?

It cannot do microsoft or tivo but the MX-500 has hundreds of other options.

If anyone wants to see what the MX500 can do, here is a list:
http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/codes1.htm
http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/codes2.htm
http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/codes3.htm

For anyone looking for a programmable learning remote with soft keys,
the MX-500 is pretty nice and at $75 a great deal.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880100601

Allen