[mythtv-users] Fresh install on Fedora 9 giving error Missing Dependency: perl(Unicode::UTF8simple) when trying to install mythtv-suite

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sun Jul 20 05:01:46 UTC 2008

greg wrote:
> John Nissley wrote:
>> I am doing a fresh install of mythtv on a newly installed fedora 9
>> system.  The install fails with the following error.
>>
>> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Unicode::UTF8simple) is needed by
>> package xmltv-grabbers-0.5.51-76.1.fc9.noarch (atrpms)
>>
>> I went to CPAN and installed the Unicode::UTF8simple module but
>> mythtv will still not install.  I searched the forum and could not
>> come up with an answer.
>>
>> Does anyone have a resolution to this issue?
>>

> Just a stab in the dark..Do you have the freshrpms repo installed? If
> not try it...I have installed mythtv on a Fedora 9 box with no
> problems...

I always use the Wilsonnet guide to do my installation and that guide
includes the installation of the freshrpms repo.  For grins I went into
the repo config file just to make sure it was turned on and it is.
Thanks for the idea but that is not the problem.  By the way, the same
hardware was working fine on a fedora 7 installation just yesterday.  I
was hoping this was going to be a quick upgrade but it does not appear
that it will go that way.

Any other ideas?