[mythtv-users] First Time User :: Problem with Hauppauge PVR-500 (System Reboots)

Param Singh mithu.singh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 16:42:30 UTC 2008

>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150269
>> * Mother Board (Dragon Soyo P4x400 Lite) -
>
> This is your problem. VIA chip sets and hauppage cards do not always
> work. Get a nVidia based board.
>
> John

Thanks for your quick reply,

I have another windoz box with Asus K8V-SE motherboard, and after
reading your email I thought about swapping mobo with my mythtv box.
But then I read ...

"K8V-SE is a great merge of the latest AMD Sempron CPU and VIA's
K8T800 chipset to juice up your system."

So that's no-good either, as its also using VIA chipset ?

:-(

~