[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 06:04:57 UTC 2008

2008/7/19 Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl>:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>> As an update, I've been running without active EIT for the past 3 days
>> (passive EIT only), and mythbackend memory usage is now flat, rising
>> only during recordings before falling back again afterwards
>
> Over here the system is running quasi all the time (just three channels
> from one multiplex) so stuff never stops recording.
> That could explain the figures on my box?

Maybe. Even when my 2.6.16 backend is recording 3 programmes at once
(different multiplexes) memory usage does not continue to rise anymore
- so it would seem with my current system configuration (no multirec
yet) it is the number of concurrent recordings that influences backend
memory usage, not how many recordings are made during the day.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/