[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 18 17:09:21 UTC 2008

On 07/18/2008 11:23 AM, Dean Collins wrote:
> Oh Geoff blow it out your butt.
>
> Show me a bit torrent client developer who has been sued??
>
> Not someone who was sued as a suspected downloader.
>
> Isaac is the reason why Myth-TV development hasn't been as successful as
> say something like Asterisk.

So, why not stop using MythTV and use Asterisk to record your TV,
download your copyrighted content via BT, and all.*

Mike

*Yes, I know what Asterisk is.  That's exactly my point.

But, ignoring (lack of) relevance, while we're speaking of Asterisk, I
don't think Isaac or any other dev should be expected to risk his ast
just so some people can have their BT in the official distribution of
Myth.  Find something else and use it.  Write (and maintain and
distribute) your own BT capability plugin/patch/fork/...--and risk your
own ast.