[mythtv-users] Tv Sound Trouble

fb517255 at skynet.be fb517255 at skynet.be
Fri Jul 18 16:37:14 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 22:45 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > 2008/7/16 fb517255 at skynet.be <fb517255 at skynet.be>:
> > > I just reinstalled my mythbox with a fresh install of Mythbuntu and I
> > > got some problems with the sound. All sounds are working except when
> > > watching television. If I watch television with TvTime It works without
> > > problems.
> > >
> > > I also noticed that TvTime is un-muting line-in as soon as it starts and
> > > re-mutes it after close.
> > >
> > > How can I tell mythtv to un-mute my line-in when starting to watch
> > > television and re-mute it when I quit?
> >
> > Try the tip at the end of the bttv section on Jarod's Fedora guide at
> > http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/printer-friendly.php#capture.

Thanks for the reply, indeed this tip helped and I have sound now but
from very bad quality. At least it's a step in the right direction;)

So I started playing with the mixer settings. This is what I found:

1) when watching with TvTime I have correct sound and following mixer
settings;
Line In = Un-Muted - Record checked
Capture = Record checked

2) with MythTv (bad sound quality);
Line In = Muted - Record checked
Capture = Record checked

Mythtv doesn't un-mute the line in. If I do it manually when watching tv
with Myth I have good sound quality but sound stays when quiting TV
mode.

Any idea how I can make Myth un-mute line-in and re-mute when quiting tv
mode?

Thanks.