[mythtv-users] Cannot change tuner using "Y"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 18 14:57:21 UTC 2008

On 07/18/2008 10:22 AM, Allen Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Have either of you read my post (
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/342223#342223 )?
>> Have either of you mapped a keybinding for NEXTCARD?  I don't believe
>> there is a bug as it works fine on my system...
>>
> Would you be so kind as to post instructions on how to make "C" and
> "Y" work the way the instruction say they do?  That would be a most
> useful way to learn what you are talking about.

Choose a key that's not currently bound to anything.  Go to
MythControls.  Find the NEXTCARD mapping in the TV Playback context.
Map the chosen key to NEXTCARD.  Return to LiveTV.  Press the chosen
key.  Enjoy.

I think the issue here is you're not understanding how C and Y are /now/
supposed to work.  Generally, though, most users--especially analog TV
users--will just want the NEXTCARD binding (and won't need C and Y).
The only reason it's not bound by default is because adding new key
bindings tends to cause problems to anyone who has changed the default
key bindings, so unless some functionality is critical, the devs try not
to map a default binding.

For the short story:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322924#322924 .  For
the rest of the story (ROTS):
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322921#322921 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322930#322930 (note
that the second ROTS post suggests how to re-map keys to make it work
more like you're used to).

Mike