[mythtv-users] Playback of HDTV, HDHomeRun

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:49:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Kevin Bailey
<ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:10:34PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>
>> Well, since the recordings are in the GB size range and compressing it
>> would invalidate the test, maybe someone would be nice enough for a
>> minimal fee to record a file to a DVD and mail it to you? Maybe there
>> is a better way but that's all I can think of.
>
> I was thinking maybe he could upscale a DVD and see how it
> played, or maybe he could find something through bittorrent,
> but probably easiest would be for him to simply tell us
> what CPU he had so we could maybe say, "No problem" or
> "No way."

I would be wary of bittorrent only because you don't know if the file
has been modified in some way... I agree that knowing the CPU would
tell us a lot but I've also seen large discrepancies on
hardware/software combinations. Some people have perfect playback and
others can not get it to work on "the same hardware".

Richard