[mythtv-users] ZoneMinder plugin across network?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jul 17 10:50:21 UTC 2008

Neil Bird wrote:
>    I have set up a test zoneminder on my main PC, and am running the
> mythzmserver (?) on that.  If I run mythfrontend on that PC, I can view the
> stream from my webcam fine.
>
>    When I go to my Myth box, however, although I can see the camera listed
> on the console page (I've set the ZM plugin IP to point to my main box) when
> I try to view the stream I get a 'broken image' icon and "Idle" reported.
>
>    Is this supposed to work (across boxes)?  Anything I may have missed?  I
> noticed a 'remote cameras' setting in ZM's settings;  do I need that (even
> though the camera's not remote to the zm server)?

Yep - it works across a network fine. If you can see the camera in the
console screen then you have mythzmserver talking to the client on your
Myth box OK.

Try changing the 'Use OpenGL' on MythZoneMinder's settings page. I have
two FE's that wont work with the OpenGL setting on but work fine with it
off.

Paul H.