[mythtv-users] 6 day weather forecast issue in Mepo-Wide

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 03:04:52 UTC 2008

2008/7/13 Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>:
>> I've made some changes to the following files so that the 6 day
>> weather shows correctly under a wide theme:
>>
>> weather-ui.xml
>> mw-background.png
>> mw-lines.png
>>
>> A screenshot of what it looks like now is available here -
>> http://www.oaklands.aust.com/mythtv/mythweather-wide-6day.png
>>
>> I can put them on a site for people to download, but shouldn't they
>> get included into the MythTV release files somehow? Is there someone I
>> could send them to for submission? (I'm not willing to follow the
>> steps in http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Submitting_Bug_Fixes as
>> I don't use SVN and don't want to get into all that).
>
> I'm just bumping this one as I got no response last time and it seems
> silly to have someone fix up a formatting problem in one of the
> screens but not have it find its way into the code base. As it is,
> every time an update happens the old broken layout overwrites the new
> working one. Isn't there a simple way to just give this to the devs to
> include in future releases?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Hey Phil,

I, too, would appreciate it if you could post your fix.

I've got a widescreen TV that has display issues for the 6 day
forecast, and while I don't have the development stream for myth
checked out - I develop software for a living, and SVN is not a
stranger to me.  I've also got kids and a to do list as long as my arm
- so I can't guarantee quick service - but I'd be willing to try and
put a patch together when I can get to it.

Much obliged.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine