[mythtv-users] Moving recordings to mythvideo

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 15 22:55:54 UTC 2008

On 07/15/2008 05:12 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Interesting, I was just looking in the video delete code and notice it
>>> doesn't try to clear out any video seektable info. I guess that stuff
>>> will live forever once created.
>>>

>> If the seek data goes into recordedmarkup or recordedseek, it will be
>> cleaned up by HouseKeeper::CleanupRecordedTables().
>>
>> If the seek data goes into recordedmarkup or recordedseek, we should
>> modify HouseKeeper::CleanupRecordedTables() to wait to clean up the data
>> until the video no longer exists... :)
>>
> IIRC for videos the seektable goes into filemarkup and uses the filename
> as the primary key not chanid + starttime like recordedseek.

Ahhh.  Thanks.  I looked through the list of tables 3 times and didn't
see anything that looked right.   I have no idea how I missed
filemarkup.  Guess I shouldn't post when I'm tired.

So, it seems that means that the cleanup code we have for recorded* is
fine, but George's issue would still be an issue.

However, even if the video delete code is changed to delete filemarkup
data, it would mean that deleting MythVideo videos with seektable data
would have to be done through MythVideo.  Therefore, I think a patch to
do for filemarkup what HouseKeeper::CleanupRecordedTables() does for
recordedseek (et. al.) would be more appropriate (allowing users to
delete videos from any app).  I'll put it on my TODO list.

Thanks,
Mike