[mythtv-users] Any way to set default tuner/source?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 23:29:38 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net>:

>> 2008/7/14 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Delete your Input Connections in mythtv-setup (not your capture cards
>>> or videosources), and then recreate them, configuring the input you
>>> want to be used first for LiveTV last. So, if you want the DVB-S input
>>> to be used last for LiveTV, configure that input first, and then add
>>> your DVB-T tuner afterwards.
>>>

>> Ah, I thought it would be the other way round :-)  Hence I created my
>> Freeview bindings first.  I'll give this a go and report back to the list
>> for the archives :-)
>
> Well that was quick.  There's no option to delete input connections so how
> do you delete them.  The delete key doesn't seem to do anything and I can't
> see a way within an input connection to remove them?

My bad - choose the 'Delete all capture cards' option in the capture
cards screen, then re-add them, adding the card intended for LiveTV
last. Then re-configure the inputs in Input Connections.

In Input Connections, you can set the video source to 'None' but
without loking at the code I'm not sure if that will do what you want
it to. The 'Delete all capture cards' option will.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/