[mythtv-users] Digital Audio

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:55:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Brett Williams <vipersbt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently got my SPDIF audio configured and working.  However, I am
> finding that some of the recorded videos that I try to watch do not put out
> any sound.  But, they play sound when I switch back to the regular
> ALSA:default and go through my regular line out.
>
> Is this a function of the video not having "digital audio", or is it a
> problem somewhere in my configuration?  I am using the Internal player, if
> that makes any difference.

Most like they don't have the audio at the correct rate and you don't have
ALSA configured to change the rate automatically. This sort of issue has
been extensively covered in the past - check the archives (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/) and the wiki (
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page).

Cheers,
Steve