[mythtv-users] MythTV does not regain audio control.

Mat Kyne matkyne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 05:43:50 UTC 2008

I am having a hard time figuring this one out. I recently upgraded to the
newest version and was hoping that would help with a problem I have been
having for a while.
Here is the problem. Sometimes, not often or predictably, after using xine
to watch a movie with surround sound MythTV does not seem to regain control
of the sound card. If i try to watch a recording there is no sound at all.
If I try to listen to music it is the same story; but if i return to myth
video and select another movie, the sound works great. A quick reboot solves
the problem. I can't figure it out. Is xine not letting go of the sound
card?Is MythTV the problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I am usig digital coax
to pass the sound directly to my receiver.