[mythtv-users] video root -No Files Found

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Jul 13 17:00:53 UTC 2008

James Pifer wrote:
>> Well, aside from the fact that the group ID is different on the remote
>> machine for the mythtv login, everything else looks good.  That is, I
>> can ls using the full path to the video files w/the same command on both
>> machines and get the same files.  And, I can, as the mythtv user, open
>> one of the video files on the remote system (using octal dump).
>>
>> What bugs me is that I was playing back videos several days ago and now
>> the video files don't show up to be played.  And going back will not be
>> easy.  I'm just bringing up the new mythfrontend system and have made
>> more then a couple of changes and OS updates since things stopped working.
>>
>> Other information:  I also nfs mount music and pictures.  Both mounts
>> are working fine on the remote mythtv box.
>>
>> ...thanks for your help.
>>

> Stuart,
>
> I have the same problem. I posted about it a couple weeks ago. Subject
> of the thread was "mythvideos file problem on 0.21". If I set mine to
> allow for browse new videos when it loads I have that problem. I HAVE to
> update the video database on the BE.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no resolution, so if you figure it out please post
> back.
>
> Thanks,
> James

I should do some more experimenting, but I'm under the impression that
viewing video collections by "listing" is broken. That is, I can not see
any videos using "listing" but if I use "gallery" or "browser" I can get
to them.

BTW - I do notice that files which are symbolically linked (about 20% of
my videos) into the directory I NFS export do not show up on the machine
where I mount the NFS share. But that's another problem.

Should we turn this into a bug report?  And, if so, how do you do that
in mythtv land.

...thanks.